WHAT IS A STEPHEN MINISTER?
Stephen Ministers are members of our congregation trained to give Christian care, support and comfort to those who are going through a period of crisis or life difficulties. They typically meet with one person weekly as long as needed. They listen, explore feelings, pray and share God’s Word, share Christ’s love, and maintain confidentiality.
Stephen Ministers care for people who are ...
- In a crisis
- Experiencing a spiritual low
- Hospitalized or recovering
- Lonely or discouraged
- Coping with a terminal illness or caring for a family member with a terminal illness
- Facing a life transition such as divorce, parents going to nursing home, empty-nesters
- The family and friends of people who are in a crisis
- And countless other life challenges!
If you need someone to walk beside you during a difficult time in life, click the link to the right to request a Stephen Minister. You can also contact the Stephen Ministry Referrals Coordinator through the church office at
(540) 662-7743 and ask for the Stephen Ministry phone extension. If you call after hours, press 4 when prompted and leave a message with your name, phone number, and time of day to reach you. You will be contacted within 48 hours.
If you know someone who attends FBC and could benefit from a Stephen Minister, ask permission to refer his/her name. Send us his/her name and contact information along with your name and phone number in the request form or call us with their information. They will be contacted within 48 hours.