1. The bride, groom, or one of their parents must be a member or regular attender of FBC.
2. Both the man and woman being married must know Christ as their Savior (see Doctrinal Statement on “Man” in Article 3 Statement of Faith in the Bylaws
). The marriage must comport with FBC’s Statement of Faith and Beliefs, including the Statement on Marriage and Sexuality. FBC’s Wedding Policy DOES NOT permit weddings that do not adhere to these policies.
3. FBC pastors cannot officiate a wedding where either of the parties to the wedding have been divorced if the previous spouse of the one divorced is still living, except in the case of a re-marriage of persons who had previously divorced one another and were now being reconciled to one another. (See FBC’s Policy on Divorce and Remarriage below for more details.)
4. If you hope to have an FBC pastor or use FBC facilities, wedding requests must be made at least five months in advance so that you have adequate time to complete premarital counseling and to secure your preferred date.
5. The couple must complete premarital counseling at least 6 weeks prior to their wedding date.
6. Due to the schedule of our custodial staff and the extent to which our buildings are used for ministries, we regret that FBC facilities are unavailable for weddings outside the FBC church family.